Skip to main content

A step in the right direction

So today it dawned on me while I was reading “Girl, Stop Apologizing” by Rachel Hollis; I’m finally ready to start doing the green smoothies. My sister lost 100lbs drinking those green smoothies and changing her diet a bit, but I know the smoothies made a huge difference. Now that my schedule is about to change, I’ll be able to start my morning right, with water, Qi Gong, morning devotional and green smoothie! I know I can do it. I won’t have to work until 11am and only 3 days a week, so I can focus on doing more of the things I need to do in this season, like starting an online cooking class and promoting my book Confessions for the Narrow Road through an online book study.

You may be wondering what that is. Well, this online book study will be live on Facebook, will last 40 consecutive days, probably in the morning, and I will go through the devotion for the day and then Ill will answer the study guide questions that correspond with that day. Since the study is live, you can ask questions and post your thoughts. It will be interactive and fun. I believe God is up to something and I want to be a part of it. I want to encourage people who are unemployed right now to takes a step in the right direction and start your day with this devotional. 40 days is more than long enough to make a habit and as you go through the confessions and begin to answer the questions, you will start to change, you’re heart will open and you will make new discoveries. This is what I believe will happen and I want to witness it.

I will post about my progress with the smoothies, which I will start on April 13th. Transformation awaits me and you too if you join me in this journey!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daniel Fast Days 19-21

Daniel Fast Meal Plan: Days 19‐21 Note: Many of the foods you’ve tasted have been combined in different ways that you may not have had before, and this time will be no different. You may realize that you’ve got little bits of this and that left over in your fridge, freezer and pantry and now is the time to pull those things together and create some new meals. There shouldn’t be much that you’ll have to spend this time. The words God gave me as I prepared this meal plan were “nothing wasted” and that this was to be a completion and final celebration of what is remaining. Often times as God works with us, we find that there has been some pain as He’s removed some things from us, pruning in order to shape our character and cause it to flourish. Well, this meal plan is a symbol of that experience, that even when God removes things, He doesn’t waste our experiences and He makes great things out of what is left over. So, as you use your leftovers, celebrate what God has done in this fast, th...

Daniel Fast days 4-6 Feb 20-22

Daniel Fast Meal Plan: Days 4‐6 (Feb 20-22) Note: The recipes for the first few days of the fast focused more on detoxifying the body and thus it was necessary to allow the smoothie and the soup to do just that in the body. The next three days focus more on enjoying the complexity and vibrancy of some of the foods that God intended for us to enjoy. As you prepare the meals, allow your heart and mind to enjoy the discovery of creating something new. You will discover that there is a complex unity that emerges as you taste, what may be, new combinations for you and new textures. Even if it is unfamiliar to you, I encourage you to think of each meal as a culinary adventure and be willing to take the risks. My hope is that you will find a new joy in preparing and eating the range of healthy, colorfully vibrant and completely nutritious meals from God’s garden. Breakfast for Days 4‐6: Fig & Banana Smoothie, Pecans (1/2 cup) Fig & Banana Smoothie (Serves 1)  1 Banana (chopped)  4 ...

Daniel Fast Days 13-15

 Breakfast for Days 13‐15: Fruit Medley (~1 cup) & Almonds (½ cup) Fruit Medley  1 Nectarine  1 Pear  ½ cup Cherries (~10) Instructions: Remove the pit of the nectarine and chop into smaller chunks. Remove the core of the pear and cut into smaller chunks as well. Remove pits from the cherries and cut in half. Combine and allow to sit for 15 minutes before eating. Lunch for Days 13‐15: Roasted Garlic and Red Pepper Hummus (½ cup) with Avocado and Vegetables (1 ½ cups), Matzo (½ sheet), Pineapple and Citrus Fruit Mix (1 cup) Roasted Garlic and Red Pepper Hummus  4 Garlic Cloves  ½ Red Pepper (large chunks)  1 can Garbanzo Beans (no salt added)  ½ cup hot Water (2 Tbsp for sesame paste, remaining for beans)  Juice of ½ Lemon  ¼ cup Sesame Seeds (make into paste – see instructions)  3 Tbsp Olive Oil (1 Tbsp for roasting, 2 Tbsp for blending in hummus)  1/8 tsp Black Pepper  1 tsp Fresh Parsley Instructions: 1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix 1 tbsp olive oil with garli...